We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
Classic Plaza Shopping Center,
1619 N. Kings Highway
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Phone: (856) 428-1200
Fax: (856) 428-1370
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
• The first fireflies of the year can be seen.
• Peak of warbler migration happens early in month.
• Mimic thrushes such as mockingbirds, catbirds and Brown Thrashers return.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in month.
• Peak of bird courtship. Listen for the morning chorus.
• Nesting materials are being collected.
• Orioles return and begin nesting. Be sure to have their feeders, nectar, fruit and jelly out early.
• Indigo Buntings return and are very vocal.
• Chickadees and titmice become scarce at feeders as they nest and raise their young.
• Mosquitoes can begin to be a problem.
• Mayapples, Chicory and Primrose are in bloom.
• Poison Ivy blooms. Watch out!
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.